Tuesday, April 22, 2008

SUCCESS = Overcome your GREED!

About two weeks back I was visiting Cambridge, UK for business purpose. On my way back from the place of appointment to Cambridge railway station, I called for a cab. True to British reputation cab came on dot time. It was drizzling and thus, I hurriedly put my bag into the boot of the car and jumped on the seat next to the driver. As the cab got in motion, I said "Hello" to the driver and he responded promptly and warmly. Then, suddenly he started talking to me, and said "You know there is no point working on all these nature protection issues, we can not save nature truely, as long as we remain to be GREEDY!".

I cant explain, but for couple of moments together I was in a state of shock. I just could not respond, and I was speechless, response-less, as well stunned with his statement. I am often good at responding spontaneously, but he kind of clean bowled me. What a co-incidence it was? Just couple of minutes back, I was discussing own exactly same issue, with so call experts in the field of biodiversity, nature conservation - on how to protect the nature, and conserve the species. Though, I enjoyed that discussion, I think my cab driver hit at the root cause of the whole problem which many of us often do not wish to talk about! It is true that more than information and knowledge, WISDOM is crucial. How correct my driver friend was, that it is human GREED which is causing all kinds of problem, and thus becoming major stumbling block into his own progress, and sustainable success.

However, not many of realizes that GREEDINESS is often the cause of why one is not successful. Greed is defined as the selfish desire for or pursuit of money, wealth, power, food, or other possessions, especially when this denies the same goods to others. When one has such selfish desires, means that your objective and goal for success is not holy, and pure. And success is all about being pure in your purpose of seeking it. However, commonly the line between desire to succeed and selfish desire or greed is so fine, that one never realizes when he/she has crossed it towards the worst. Therefore, one must carefully analyze and introspect the ultimate reason as to why you wish to achieve success. IS it for selfish desire or to satisfy your GREED (which I can promise you would never be able to satisfy as it is not "holy") or to benefit to others too, in addition to your own desired benefit! Because,

SUCCESS = Overcome your GREED!

1 comment:

Ereen said...

very true... Greed is d root cause to all the problems around.. now the goan politicians suld read yr blog ..